Friday 4 March 2011

Finished 'Zink' emulsion lifts

Well, my test lifts were with the image of the peacock. I have the finished lifts dry now, here they are:




They worked very well. My next task was to devide an image into 9 pieces so I could print 9 parts, lift the emulsion then put them back together on a sheet of watercolour paper. This is for some uni work I'm doing on face transplants and cosmetic surgery. The image I started with was sized correctly to be devided up into nine 2x3 inch rectangles, this being the size of a zink print. (if you send it an image that is not 2x3, it will be cropped somewhere, and you may lose something from your image so best keep them that size). Here is the image I started with:



I had not used the printer for a while and as is normally the  case, the image was printed wrong. The 'print head' had to be cleaned. Insted of wasting these 'streaky' images, I decided to use them anyway as it's just a test of the technique. Here are the zink prints:



As you can see they are very badly streaked. I used them and here's the result:


There are a couple of bits of the yellow layer attached to some of these, that's what I get for not taking it all out! I'll make sure I clean the equipment before doing the blue layer. Here it is:


This one turned out rather well considering. They both have the look of a polaroid emulsion lift even though it's not photographic emulsion. Apologies to Martin for not doing him any favours in the finished images.




No comments:

Post a Comment